Cheryl Lavette, the Smart Girl Politics Georgia state coordinator, and her amazing team of Smart Girls hosted the first ever SGP Southeast Women's Economic Summit earlier today in the Buckhead area of Atlanta, Georgia.
Great food, fantastic sponsors and a distinguished list of speakers gave attendees a greater understanding of what Americans (primarily Georgia residents) are facing under the economic policies of the current administration.
The event was kicked off with the Pledge of Allegiance, a beautiful rendition of The Star Spangled Banner sung by Holly Bacon, and the first speaker of the day, Tea Party Patriots co-founder Jenny Beth Martin, who started the discussion with an on-the-ground report from the great state of Wisconsin. Georgia Smart Girls, along with several members of the SGPA leadership team, presented SGPA's co-founder and President Stacy Mott with an award honoring her for her consistent commitment to conservative women. The day ended with keynote speaker Deneen Borelli, who discussed the title and very timely theme of her new book How Obama and the Left Are Driving Americans to the Government Plantation.
Way to go, Georgia Smart Girls! Keep up the fantastic work you're doing in the great state of Georgia.
- Stacy Mott, Founder & President, Smart Girl Politics
- Jenny Beth Martin, Tea Party Patriots: ‘On the Ground Report from Wisconsin’
- Maria Sheffield, 12th Congressional District candidate: ‘Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act’
- Stella Lohmann, Blogger: ‘Czars we can afford!’
- Kelly Carson, Franklin Center: ‘How to Hold Elected Officials Accountable’
- Virginia Galloway, Americans for Prosperity: ‘EconomicFreedom.org’
- Rosa Leonetti, New Jersey State Coordinator, Smart Girl Politics and 9/11 Family Member: ‘9/11: Eleven Years of National and Personal Economic Impact’
- Paul Scheib, Economist: ‘The Euro Crisis: Understanding the Coming World Wide Economic Reset’
- Phil Kent, Author, Columnist and Media Commentator: Immigration
- Christine Ries, Ph.D., Professor of Economics, Georgia Tech: Tax Reform
- Healthcare Panel: Joel L. Strom, D.D.S., M.S., Marion O. Lee, M.D., M.B.A., and Ron Bachman, F.S.A., M.A.A.A.
- Education Panel: Ken Graves (Student Scholarships of Georgia Foundation), Virginia Galloway (Americans for Prosperity) Mark Peevy (Brighter Georgia Education Coalition), and Benita Dodd (Georgia Public Policy Foundation)
- Julianne Thompson, Tea Party Patriots: T-SPLOST
- Keynote Speaker Deneen Borelli, Author and Fox News Contributor: “Blacklash, How Obama and the Left Are Driving Americans to the Government Plantation"