This is such an exciting pick for conservatives and the Republican Party as a whole. The left was completely thrown off by this choice. There’s a very specific reason the Obama administration wanted a Senator Rob Portman or a Governor Tim Pawlenty in that role. They were counting on a usually reserved, cautious Mitt Romney to play it safe and pick someone that would depress the base and ultimately, turnout on Election Day. In the end, Mitt Romney actually did what he’s known for– he made an executive decision. This was his to make and he made the right one as a candidate that’s looking to preserve the future of this great nation.
How did the left react to the news of this pick? You really need look no further than the person running President Obama’s Twitter feed on Saturday afternoon. FACT: It was the proverbial trainwreck. Media Matter’s David Brock put out a 300 page Opposition Research brief, er, book on Paul Ryan through his Super-PAC two days after the announcement. But no, they’re certainly not desperate.
The best response and the impetus of this post came five minutes after the announcement on the U.S.S. Wisconsin in Norfolk. NBC’s Chief Foreign Affairs Correspondent Andrea Mitchell took to the airwaves and in her usual condescending and highly presumptive fashion claimed that Ryan was “not a pick for suburban Moms, not a pick for women.” Keep in mind this is the same woman who actually said, during the health care debate, that “people may not know what’s good for them.” So her smug attitude here is nothing new.
But let’s dissect her point on whether Paul Ryan was a poor choice to attract the vote of the ‘suburban Moms’ or women in general. Obama is the incumbent. Despite what the media wants you to believe, the outcome of this election will be about the state of the economy and the state of the country as a whole. To say that Paul Ryan is a bad choice and, in effect, will be a detriment to Mitt Romney’s chances, presumes that President Obama will be “the pick” for women. So do the facts favor her point of view? Let’s review:
- FACT: 780,000 more women are unemployed today than when President Obama took office.
- FACT: President Obama projected unemployment at 5.6% if we passed the Stimulus Bill. We did pass that bill to the tune of $780 billion. The result? Wasteful spending that did nothing more than raise the unemployment rate that now sits at 8.3%.
- FACT: Unemployment in the black community is 14.4%.
- FACT: Unemployment in the Hispanic community is 11%.
- FACT: One in two recent graduates will not find work upon leaving college or they will be underemployed if they’re lucky enough to find a job.
- FACT: We do not have jobs in the United States because President Obama spent over a year pushing a despised health care law as our country hemorrhaged jobs. That bill is still so toxic that a majority of Americans want to see his crowning piece of legislation dismantled.
- FACT: The average net worth of Americans fell 40% from 200-2012. President Obama was only in office for one year of that timeframe but George Bush isn’t the sitting incumbent right now, is he? Which ties into the next FACT…
- FACT: Americans believe Washington D.C., mainly led by President Obama is to blame for the stagnant state of the economy.
- FACT: The day George Bush left office gas prices were, on average, $1.78. What did you pay the last time you filled up your gas tank?
- FACT: Obama said under his cap and trade plan “electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket”. This was one promise he actually fulfilled.
- FACT: Food prices have also skyrocketed. Does the fact that we’ve paid $3.00 gas for over two years now have any correlation? I’m thinking it does.
- FACT: For the first time in our Nation’s history and under the watch of President Obama our Nation’s credit rating was lowered.
- FACT: Despite his claims to slash the deficit and balance the budget President Obama has saddled this country with insurmountable debt. More debt than any other President combined.
And my personal favorite FACT, the one the Sandra Flukes, Rachel Maddows, and Andrea ‘Paul Ryan just won’t appeal to women’ Mitchells of the country will never acknowledge?
- FACT: Only one in three says the faux ‘War on Women’ exists.
So, I would ask Andrea Mitchell to explain why Paul Ryan isn’t going to appeal to women? Are women not also the same blacks, Hispanics and college-aged adults that are looking for work? Do women not feel the pain at the pump? Have women not been forced to clip coupons because they can no longer afford to buy the same type of groceries they could three and a half years ago? In the immortal words of President Reagan, I believe women--and voters in general--will ask themselves this coming November, “are you better off than you were four years ago?” But not according to NBC’s Andrea Mitchell. Apparently free birth control trumps reason, sanity, and logic, in her very confused state of mind.
In order to make the statement that Paul Ryan won’t resonate with women she must assume we’re all on #TeamUteri and that we believe the nonsensical #WarOnWoman mantra? I don’t know if she actually believes that, but I have no doubt that’s what she’s hoping for.
To that I only have one thing to say – one in three, Andrea. One in three.